• Assisting in coordinating information to/from local radio stations, televisions stations, newspaper reporters, etc.
• Assist reporters and other media contacts to coordinate interviews and chaperone EMF students as needed during interviews
• Ensure “messages” shared with media support the EMF brand and image
• Assist in coordinating/scheduling faculty, guest artist and student interviews
• Assist journalists during coverage of concerts and rehearsals
• Update multiple online calendars and websites including, but not limited to, WFDD Arts Calendar, Classical Voices of North Carolina, Visitor’s Bureau, etc.
• Update the EMF website, Facebook and other social media platforms
MASS EMAILS AND EMAIL LIST
• Coordinate collection of email addresses at Festival events
• Update the mass email list with emails collected from drawings and other email addresses received
• Create copy for Email “blasts” for discount tickets, advertisements, etc. via Mail Chimp and Greensboro News and Record
• Collect and maintain print media coverage of Festival
• Disseminate concert reviews to Operations Office, EMF Orchestra Personnel manager, etc.
• Disseminate concert reviews to Guest Artist’s Management upon request
• Keep 6 copies of all programs, program inserts, donor inserts, etc.
• Coordinate distribution of Festival brochures in surrounding area
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
EMF's 5-week festival begins June 23 and ends July 28. Media & Communications interns can begin pre-festival work before their Opportunity Greensboro training begins. Then we expect them to complete their post-festival work by August 1.
EMF has two locations: one permanent office in Greensboro Cultural Arts Center downtown and a temporary office on the campus of Guilford College. Both are open spaces that foster team work and direct interactions with the EMF staff. The festival is held at Guilford College and performances are given at Guilford College, UNC Greensboro and at other venues throughout the Triad, so the Media and Communications intern will be expected to work both at the downtown office, the campus office and then onsite for various performances.
Because the work environment takes place in numerous venues, each EMF Media and Communications intern must have a valid driver's license and a personal vehicle.